Decagon SC-1 Leaf Porometer
- High speed results (readings in 30 seconds)
- Straightforward calibration
- No moving parts
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Save and download data (USB cable and download utility software included)
SC-1 Leaf Porometer
Stomatal conductance is complicated. Measuring it doesn’t have to be.
Most measurements in the soil-plant-atmosphere continuum are fairly straightforward. Measuring stomatal conductance is not. And since stomatal conductance can’t be predicted from theory and must be measured, you need an instrument that’s easy to use. Presenting the SC-1.
Measures up in every way
Backed by solid scientific theory and 15 years of research, the SC-1 is designed to provide you with a simple solution to a complex problem. By measuring vapor flux from the leaf through the stomates, it enables you totell the difference between transpiring leaves and ones that have shut down. High-speed results, ease of use, and a low cost mean more measurements in less time without blowing your budget.
Not only can you make accurate leaf conductance measurements in only thirty seconds, but you can calibrate the SC-1 in just a few minutes. After calibrating, simply clip it on the leaves you are interested in and start measuring stomatal conductance.
The SC-1 is simpler to use for a variety of reasons. It’s lightweight, so you won’t get fatigued carrying it around in the field (or around your neck, for that matter). What’s more, breakthrough steady-state technology means it doesn’t have any moving parts, making it easy and reliable to use. Plus, calibrations are simple to do, and readings can be displayed as either leaf vapor conductance or resistance and saved for downloading later (USB cable and utility software included).
There’s low cost, and then there’s lifetime low cost. The SC-1 is affordable to begin with. And because it’s also low maintenance, you won’t have to keep dipping into your budget to get it repaired when the pump breaks or a seal goes bad. These combine to save you money in both the short and long term.
Simply the best value
Quick measurements. Easy-to-use engineering. Low cost in the short and the long run. The SC-1’s breakthrough steady-state technology makes it the best-all-around instrument for measuring stomatal conductance. Save yourself time, hassle, and money with the leaf porometer that does all three.
Leaf Porometer Instrument Specifications
- Operating Environment: 5 to 40 ◦C; 1 to 100% relative humidity with desiccant chamber
- Accuracy: 10%
- Sample Chamber Aperture: 6.35 mm (0.25 in)
- Measurement Range: 0 to 1,000 mmol/m2s1
- Microcontroller Dimensions: 15.8 x 9.5 x 3.3 cm (6.2 x 3.75 x 1.3 in)
- Data Storage: 4,095 measurements
- Data Retrieval: Direct via RS-232
- Keypad: Six-key, menu-driven
- Clock: 24-hour +/− one minute per month
- Interface Cable: RS-232 serial cable (included)
- Power Supply: Four type “AA” batteries (included)
Instruments in the box:
• Leaf Porometer controller
• RS-232 cable
• Operator’s Manual and USB flash drive of Leaf Porometer Utility
• Sensor Head
• Teflon filter disks
• Replacement leaf pad/outer leaf pad
• Calibration plate/Bead Retention Screen Tool
• Bottle of USP Purified Water
• Calibration filter paper disks Whatman grade #3 filter Paper
• Bottle of Desiccant DrieRite 10-20 mesh indicating desiccant
• Dispensing cap
• Spare dowel pin
• Short Dowel pin To assist with porometer head reassembly
• White Fluoropolymer agitation beads Part# 9660K13 from McMaster Carr
• Bead retention screens