Spectrum FieldScout TDR 300 Soil Moisture Meter
Monitor and record soil moisture conditions accurately with TDR technology and Spectrum's GPS-compatible data logging equipment.
Required TDR Rods (two 1.5 / 3 / 4.8 / 8 in. rods) for the product to function properly; which are sold separately.
Main features of the product:
- Instantaneous readings of root zone soil moisture
- Bluetooth enabled using FieldScout Bluetooth Device (purchase separately), and connects to the FieldScout Mobile App, instantly see your data on your smart phone or tablet
- Connects to any GPS receiver with serial output**
- Equipped with internal data logger and RS-232 port
- Records 3,250 measurements (1,350 with added GPS/DGPS option)
- Configure and download meter with FieldScout software (included)*
- Compatible with SpecMaps online web-mapping application
- TDR 300 meter includes soft-sided carrying case
- Firmware chip not required for new purchases - only if your TDR is pre-January 2012. Firmware version 6.5 or higher required for FieldScout Bluetooth Device connection
**GPS interface requires two cables. The GPS/DGPS cable (item 2950CV5) is available from Spectrum. A PC serial interface cable supplied by the manufacturer of the GPS receiver is also required.
* Spectrum’s PC cables connect to a 9-pin serial port. USB-Serial adapter (item 3661USB) required for connection to computers with only USB ports.
Measurement Principle: Time-domain measurement methods
Measurement Units: Percent volumetric water content
Resolution: 0.1% volumetric water content
Accuracy: ±3.0% volumetric water content with electrical conductivity < 2 mS/cm
Range: 0% to saturation (Saturation typically around 50% volumetric water)
Battery/Life: 4 AAA alkaline batteries; approximately 12-month battery life
Delivery lead time: 4 - 8 weeks