StrikeAlert® Personal Lightning Detector
Take lightning safety into your own hands with the world’s first convenient, dependable and easy-to-use personal lightning detector.
StrikeAlert is a small and affordable lightning detector that provides an early warning of approaching lightning strikes from as far away as 40 miles, and lets you know if the storm is coming your way.
An audible alarm sounds when there's a strike and a corresponding LED light illuminates accordingly at lightning distances of 20-40 miles, 12-24 miles, 6-12 miles and within 6 miles.
The detector is housed in a small pager-like casing that can be clipped on a belt loop and runs on a two AAA batteries.
Convenient Size & Weight
- Small and impact-resistant, StrikeAlert clips to your belt, golf bag or backpack.
- An audible warning sounds before (and while) lightning is within striking distance
Low Power Consumption
- Up to 100 hours of reliable operation with two AAA batteries
- Unit shuts off after 2 hours if no lightning has been detected
- With press of a button, you can see the lightning strike distance, track the storm direction and view battery life.